Thursday, December 6, 2012

Just another Banana Muffin


If there is a downside to buying bananas by the dozen then it has to be the perennial problem of tackling with what on earth are you supposed to be doing with it , after you finish eating all the smart and stout ones.

I was gawking at the last few limp and sad looking bananas thinking I would hate to throw them. Then this bright idea salvaged these dying bananas. If only these fruits could thank me.

 The idea goes like, this week (ok admit that I’m a week late) I had promised my participation to Nicole of Taste and Create and was supposed to cook up something from my assigned partner’s blog– No Reason Needed. This had to be the easiest one that I picked for myself. This very simple and easy recipe gave me the idea to turn the bananas into muffins.

I simply added a few chocolate chips to give this simple muffin some texture while the fresh vanilla tingled our gastronomic desires.

Banana Muffin recipe

1 Cup mashed bananas (I used 2 overripe ones)
6 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 Large egg (well beaten)
1 Fresh vanilla pod (scraped)
1.5 Cups all purpose flour
1 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Baking powder
1/2 cup Chocolate chips

 Add the vegetable oil to the mashed bananas, then add the sugar and the egg. Beat well. Now add the vanilla scrapings and beat until well mixed. Sift flour and add the baking soda and baking powder over the banana mixture. Lastly add chocolate chips with a few strokes of the spatula - just enough to moisten. Drop into buttered muffin tins and bake at 350 (175 C) degree oven 15-20 minutes.


This muffin could be a child pleaser, her lunch or amuse bouche even. It was a hit with my kid and I think can turn any event with teeny weenies into a happy party!

This muffin also forces me to think of this - Contemplate.


5 comments:

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

What a yummy muffin! My kids would eat these for breakfast...any excuse to work chocolate into another meal :)

Anonymous said...

I am sure kids will find it DELICIOUS

Aunt Mary said...

I am sure kids will find it delicious.
Have you visited my blog?
http://easyway1234.blogspot.in/
I hope your daughter will like it.
Thankyou.

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Glad you enjoyed them. I haven't made them in FOREVER. Craving ne now. Please don't forget to post to the T&C site.

team ecoSycle said...

tHANK yOU @ Lizzy , Aunt Mary and Carol . Your words make my day.

You might also Love

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This