Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday Musings with a cuppa Masala Tea




Voila. It’s Friday already. I’m so raring to pack my bags and take that coveted break this weekend to a historical 17th century art deco fort tucked away in a nondescript corner of Rajasthan . So naturally I lack the patience to talk about things that I naturally would. As you would have realized, that talking those characteristic  long winded sentences take a lot of soul digging and I’m so unable to concentrate now.

So what shall I talk – or shall I rather tell you things you’d never hear me say?

And those are:

“This is such a glaring red.”

“I have too many books already, I don’t need more”

“I can never spend so much on a Hush Puppy shoe ”

“I’m tired sleeping”

“Parking here is easy, C’mon let me do it for you”

“I’ll pass the book reading session by John Grisham”

“I’ve been craving a Chivas Regal!!”

“Another Fort Holiday- Not again!”

“I cannot tread Anita Nair and her brood again”

“One more cookbook for my birthday, Oh man , sucks.!”

 “Tea again? Shall Pass”

So, okay, not to sound like a librarian and I’m rounding off to books again and again, but I heart ektu cha(Tea) and Books, add to it a historically enriched holiday  and I’m all yours. 

Although there no upper limit to tea consumption, I’m certainly partial to the Darjeeling tea variety.I’m sure you've had a sip of Masala Tea with your favorite book too. If not , this is the time . You’ll thank me after your taste buds explode into the gates of heaven upon craving for more, trust me. (Also trust me not to say random things about what I’d rather not say – but excitement has its own version).

Happy Sipping.


Masala Cha (makes 2 cups)


Ingredients

11/2 cups water
½ cup milk
1 tsp. tea of your choice
1.5 tsp. Masala cha spice Mix*
Boil all the above. Then keep on low heat for 2-3 Minutes.
Strain, add sugar to taste and drink.

Masala Cha Spice Mix*
Makes around ¼ cup (stores well)

Ingredients
3/4 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
3 (1-inch) cinnamon sticks, broken
15 whole cloves
15 green cardamom pods
4 teaspoons ground ginger

Method
1. Grind all the spices in a spice grinder, and grind to a fine powder.
2. Now add the ginger to the above mix and stir well.
3. Store in an airtight container.

Try it. This Masala Chai may sound unusual in a Bong home, but it's so wonderful it could be a stand-in for dessert, and of course a perfect accompaniment to my Friday mood.

3 comments:

Joanne said...

Curling up with tea and a good book is pure heaven! Loving this!

Gintare @Gourmantine said...

The tea sounds wonderful, I'm just wondering if it would still be good, If I left out cloves (can't stand them)?

classic teas said...

As a content developer, I understand that what it takes to write unique & unknown points in an article to make it highly readable among the audience and this article has everything it takes in making itself famous.classic teas

You might also Love

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This