Chocolate Granola Apple Delight
My little one now knows what Coke is. Even after spring cleaning my pantry ...stacking refrigerator with only (so called -100% )juice...avoiding takeaways....even cooking my own ketchup to avoid the big bad world of preservatives ...the word 'Coke' still managed to sneak into her vocabulary. I was taken aback when my little one sat in front of the refrigerator demanding C-O-K-O in her glass. Appalling. Perhaps I have yet to come in terms with the fact that :
1. Even toddlers have a mind of their own
2. There is an information overload. T.V, Daycare, neighbors...the list will add as she grows up
3. Coke can't be that bad. Why can't I just stop drinking it, camouflaging the fiZz inside big ceramic cups over the weekends. Hell.
4. Coke is Coke- its not like she's asking for substance abuse!!
Do I sound like I have given up, slowly accepting the fact that my toddler knows about C-O-K-E. She might even drink it someday.. at-least for now let me think of making something nice for her to distract her mind -------FAR FAR away from these attractive fizzy stuff and junky snack items...
1 or 100 gms packet semi-sweet milk chocolate (I used dairymilk chocolate)
1/4th cup granola
1 large juicy red apple
1.Place chocolate in microwave for 2 minutes. Till it melts. Cut the apple into wedges. Dip the apples tops into the chocolate. Allow excess chocolate the drip.
2.Sprinkle granola on top.
3. Set on a plate with chocolate side up. Refrigerate till chocolate is set.
I served it to my little one today with Peanut Butter and banana shake. You should have seen the look on her face. C-O-K-E has to do a lot of catching up with this mommy.
For a grown up treat - you can replace the milk chocolate with real dark chocolate and flaky almonds instead of granola.
Sending this entry to mad scientists kitchen and Priya's now serving